We provide immigration services for individuals and businesses all over the world.  Whether you are a student looking for a job upon graduation, an entrepreneur visa, or even a short stay visa, rest assured, you are in the right place.

We deal with many types of immigration law matters each year by helping our clients fulfil their requirements for travelling to the UK. Our immigration solicitors in Bolton are dedicated to providing legal assistance tailored to meet your needs. They offer advice in completing each requirement to make sure you are fully compliant with the UK’s immigration law.


British citizenship can be required through three different means; naturalisation, registration, or acquisition.

  • Applying for British citizenship through naturalisation is made possible if you have reached the age of 18, and have been granted permission to reside in the United Kingdom as your permanent residence;
  • Applying for British citizenship through registration involves the process of registering as a British citizenship through entitlement or discretionary basis;
  • Applying for British citizenship through acquisition.

After carefully assessing your situation, we can advise you on the best route to take.


There are a number of paths you can follow to obtain an investor’s visa, and this includes the following:

  • Investing two million pounds or more in the UK.
  • You are from the outside of the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
  • You meet other eligibility requirements.

The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel to the UK. An investor’s visa costs £1,623 to apply online or by post. The fee is the same if you are switching visas or extending its eligibility period. If you want to extend it, you can apply for another 2 years. The standard investor’s visa allows you to stay in the UK for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months.

The other rules can be complicated, so why not speak to our Immigration team to help you gain a better understanding?


This category is suitable for entrepreneurs who are willing to invest in the United Kingdom. The visa applies to the main applicant and all immediate family members including their spouse and children under 18 years old. The entrepreneur visa is granted for 3 years and 4 months and can then be extended for another 2 years.

Main applicants are eligible to apply for British citizenship after 6 years of residence in the UK. Those who create 10 jobs or achieve an annual turnover of £5 million a year are qualified to apply after spending 5 years in the country.

For a successful entrepreneur visa application, the applicant is required to:

  • Be fluent in English
  • Have enough money for their living costs in the UK
  • Score points based on the funds that are available for them to invest

The funds differ based on various eligibility requirements, so call us for you to be oriented.

Short Stay Visas

There are six types of short-stay visas:

  • Business
  • Leisure and Tourism
  • Private medical treatment
  • Child visit
  • Marriage visitor
  • Permitted paid engagement

Each category has its own rules and procedures. However, you can apply for a standard visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for business, leisure or private medical treatment. Under one of these three reasons, you can stay in the UK for a maximum of 6 months. You are permitted to stay longer if you are coming to the UK for a medical treatment that will last up to 11 months. Or, if you are a university professor on sabbatical who is travelling to the UK to fulfil research purposes.

At Seth Law Solicitors, our immigration law solicitors in Bolton aim to advise you on the easiest route to obtaining your short-stay visa.

Study Visas

According to the Immigration Rules, there are three different types of student visas; general students, child students, and child student’s parent(s). Student visas fall under the Tier 4 category and are aimed at non-European Economic Area applicants.

  • For general students, you are required to be over the age of 16. There are other conditions including having in place an unconditional offer by a designated institution;
  • Child visas are aimed towards individuals aged between 4 – 17 years.

Family Visas

There are a number of family visa categories currently available, and these include:

  • Unmarried Partner Visa: Suitable for long-term partners of British citizens ultimately seeking to remain indefinitely in the United Kingdom;
  • Proposed Civil partner: Suitable for engaged partners,  intending to enter into a civil partnership or marriage within six months upon arrival in the United Kingdom;
  • Adult Dependant: For adults that are dependent on relatives who are British citizens and reside in the United Kingdom;
  • Children: Suitable for children under the age of 18 who are looking to settle with their parent(s) or a relative that may act as a guardian in the United Kingdom;
  • Civil Partner’s Spouse: For spouses of British citizens. The goal is for them to join their husbands, wives, or civil partners in the United Kingdom.

Asylum/Human Rights

We can provide advice and representations if you are unable to return to your country of origin because you fear persecution or your life is in danger due to your beliefs or actions. Our Human Rights Team can assist you in making an asylum claim, as well as represent you in Immigration and Asylum Tribunals.

If you wish to discuss and immigration law matter with our Immigration Law Team, get in touch today.

Get in touch with Seth Law

    Information on how we handle your data is in our Privacy Policy